- 3 + 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds or chia seeds or a combination of both
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil or extra virgin olive oil or canola oil, whichever you like.
- When I have cup unsweetened natural peanut butter, or any other kind of nut butter you might like
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon if desired
- one half cup raisins or your choice of dried fruit
- 1 cup unsweetened organic coconut added after baking for the full hour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees while mixing up the ingredients for the granola.
- Line the 13 by 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside to bake the granola in.
- The KitchenAid mixer or other sturdy mixer or with a very sturdy spoon, mix all ingredients together.
- I greased the bowl using non stick stick spray that you put it in and also grease the measuring cups with a peanut butter in it and with the honey in it, because it will make them much easier to come out so they won’t stick in the measuring cup.
- Bake for 1 hour total, stirring every 15 minutes with a long-handled spoon.
- Cool and then put into a large for a cup container and enjoy with yogurt and fruit in the morning for healthy breakfast I am protein, fiber, amino acids and healthy omega 3 fatty acids.
Recipe & Photography by
Copyright June 2018
Below is what the peanut butter granola recipe began as and I adapted it to the recipe above.
- 1 pound baby carrots
- Enough spring water to cover the baby carrots in your Crock-Pot or multi cooker
- 2 tablespoons 365 Organics tahini
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley or 1/4 cup fresh
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion or 1/4 cup minced fresh onion
- 2 tablespoons organic thick shredded coconut
- One 15 -1/2 oz. can of 365 Organics drained garbanzo beans chickpeas.
Turn on your slow cooker 7 hours and then after 7 hours break up the carrots and add the seasonings and then, the drained chickpeas and let it go another 7 or less. Then you can serve it that way or you can blend it with an immersion blender is I’m going to do.
You could also add additional curry powder, minced garlic and add a touch of sea salt.
I let the soup cook overnight and with a nice fresh green salad and homemade vinaigrette and maybe a little homemade bread of some kind it’ll make a wonderful, soothing healing dinner that’s high in vitamin A carotene and a whole bunch of other stay young, feel great vitamins.
Multistate salmonella outbreak linked to pre-cut melon