This recipe swaps out the fried chicken and uses grilled instead. It also uses and bocconcini (small mozzarella balls) for better portion control.
To watch me make this on Dr. Oz, click here.
Photo Credit: DrOz.com
- 2 large cloves of roasted garlic (purple stripe garlic best for roasting)
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Dried oregano
- 1 cup blanched cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 6 bocconcini
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 (4 ounce) organic skinless chicken breast halves, thinly pounded
- 2 high-fiber whole-wheat baguettes (or low carb wrap)
- 2-3 leaves of basil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine marinade contents in a bowl.
- Pound out chicken breast, generously add salt and freshly ground pepper then place in marinade.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, minimum.
- In a skillet, sauté cherry tomatoes…
View original post 77 more words