These cheesy scones are laced with chilli and are perfect served warm with soup, or just split in half and spread with butter.
As with everything else I seem to be making this week, this recipe also comes from the Tesco magazine!
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 250g (80z) self-raising flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1 red chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped
– 75g (30z) chilled butter, diced
– 125g (4oz) mature Cheddar, grated
– 175ml (6fl oz) buttermilk
– 1 tbsp milk
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– A few grinds of black pepper
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and cayenne into a bowl. Add the salt and black pepper and the butter. The Tesco recipe says to whizz all this to fine crumbs in a food processor, but I just did it…
View original post 118 more words