Polly’s Spinach Cheese No Crust Quiche
1. Preheat convection oven or conventional oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray non-stick canola oil spray or olive oil spray into a oven proof pie pan.
3. Cook about 10 ounces of fresh spinach in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil until it is cooked but still remains green then put into a large plastic bowl or stainless steel mixing bowl to cool. I sautéed it with some garlic puree but you can add a clove or two of minced garlic.
4. Sautée a little onion in the same pan, about 1/4 of a small minced onion, if desired. Your quiche will be good without the onion. You can also at about 2 teaspoons of dried minced onion to the egg batter.
5. What’s the spinach cools, after all is been cooked, then add 3 eggs one at a time, mixing with each addition, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, and one half cup of Heart Healthy Bisquick Baking Mix.
6. Add in 1 cup of milk, 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, or if you’d like a Greek version, add in Feta cheese instead.
7. Mix well and pour into the greased deep dish pie pan and bake for the initially 35 minutes looking to see how the egg has said. I based mine a total of 55 minutes, and you can just see because it doesn’t jiggle it probably done. The quiche will be slightly brown in the top looks nice in baked but not overdone.
This makes a nice semi vegetarian dinner or lunch and you can even have serve it for a nice brunch with the quiche as the star of the show!
Modified from “Impossibly Easy Spinach Pie” from Betty Crocker’s Bisquick Cook Book by Paulette L Motzko,
Photography and Digital Arts by Paulette Le Pore Motzko, PLM Studios, Copyright October 2015
Copyright October 2015