- 1-1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill 13 bean soup mix soaked overnight
- 1 lb ground turkey browned and drained or you can make it vegetarian like I did, increasing the liquid- using vegetarian stock. When you make the soup version, you can also add things like kale and sliced zucchini to the soup. Even quinoa that’s been cooked which will make it a complete protein because quinoa has all the amino acids present. It’s an ancient grain and the only one that has all the amino acids present.
- 1 half of a large purple onion or one small white onion
- Two 8 Oz cans of either Muir Glen Organic Tomato Sauce or Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder optional or another great seasoning is Mrs. Dash Chipotle Salt-free Seasoning BADIA makes a really wonderful herbed seasoning salt that’s available in Latino markets as well.
- Salt taste which is optional
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
It starts with one bag of Bob’s Red Mill 13 Bean Soup Mix that I let soak for 12 hours and drained in a large colander. …
I am creating it and like a painter using beautiful colors on his canvas, I am writing out the framework of what I think would go well together and how it will be served.
I soak my beans overnight and then I cook them in my pressure cooker called a Smart Pot where it cooked only 30 minutes on Pressure cooker function. Cooking the traditional way would take several hours until the beans are tender.
1/2 of a large purple onion
4 seeded mini sweet peppers
And 1 green pepper
Then Sautée them in a good nonstick skillet like Gotham Steel, that I swear by.
I used my ceramic cast iron Dutch oven because I was making a lot of soup and it was silly to dirty two pans! After all, I get to wash them!
I should day smile by because I don’t swear any more from things sticking since buying my awesome set. 😉
Have a delicious day.
Saturday June 24th 2017 at 7:57 a.m.