Recipe and photos by Paulette Motzko.
Low Sodium Stir Fry Sauce*
6 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
6 tablespoons wine vinegar
6 tablespoons water
One and a half teaspoons grated fresh ginger
3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
2 and 2/3 cups water
Mix all ingredients together and mixed with a wire whisk until the corn starch is dissolved stir in the corn syrup in the water last. Pour into a 5 cup container with the tight-fitting lid or nice jar and keep it in the fridge. Use it within about a month and you can make all kinds of things with this! Create your own variations on this too. Add in some sesame oil or hoisin-sauce, or oyster sauce for variation.
3 cups broccoli florets
1/2 large onion sliced in big slices
About 3 cups of baby carrots
Fresh firm tofu cut into small squares
* Low Sodium Stir Fry Sauce
Walnuts to garnish
Sesame oil to stir fry with
Silicone basting brush
A good quality Wok
- Put in a microwave safe container with a lid the carrots and microwave about 3 minutes until the carrots are almost tender
- Chop the onion in quarters and then the quarters into large slices
- Take the firm tofu and put it in your clean lined to sink because it will be messy when you open it. That way, if any of the liquid it’s in the tofu container leaks out when you open it, it goes in aND down your sink and not all of your counter!
- Heat your wok to medium-high heat.
- Brush the wok with a little Sesame oil and hi there peanut oil or canola oil in a very light film.
- Add in the onions and cook slightly.
- Then add the broccoli florets
- Then add the slightly steamed carrots.
- Add in about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of the homemade low sodium stir fry sauce. That recipe will be up coming.
- Cook until all the ingredients still firm but not overcooked and not undercooked. I have a big restaurant quality walk that I got from a restaurant supply for my birthday last year and has a huge big lid on that so I just turn the heat to low and let it simmer for about 2 minutes until everything was tender.
- Add in the cubes of tofu that you can beforehand marinate in a little of the low sodium stir fry sauce.
- When’s nicely cooked pour into your beautiful serving bowl and then top with about 1 to 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts. All these ingredients are so good for you and you’ll feel healthy or just eating it.
Enjoy and have a Delicious Day!
Friday August 4th 2017 at 1:45 p.m. Updated at 5:07 p.m.