- Three small corn tortillas
- A few cups of my Calico Bean Chili, recipe is on the website
- A few slices of good quality cheddar cheese
- Small can of chopped black olives
- Small can of Ortega chopped fire roasted green chiles
- Daisy low fat sour cream
- Pace peach mango salsa
- Small 9 inch small tortilla size cake pan or casserole dish
- Cholula Mexican hot sauce, for added flavor
- You can also add chopped onion and fresh cilantro for garnish if you like
Put one tortilla in the bottom of the round cake pan or casserole and cover with some of the calico bean chili.
Then top with some chopped by roasted green chilies and chopped black olives and some of the cheese.
Then repeat the whole process again and end with a corn tortilla on the top.
Put put either shredded cheddar or slice of cheddar formed on the top and then some of the peach salsa to cover the top of the corn tortilla so it doesn’t dry out and to add flavor
Bake in a 350 degree convection or conventional oven. I used my Cuisinart convection oven and set it to convection and baked the enchilada casserole for 25 minutes.
I love this and I will make it again and if so good with the season turkey inside the chili.
If you like the flavor of Masa and corn tortillas you could even double the corn tortillas and as it bakes it would turn into kind of like a tamale flavor when it’s done.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did and you’ll be happy to know that it’s a pretty healthy dish.
It’s very high in fiber and protein do to the chili that I made it with and I used to go fat products like that low fat sour cream and the richest thing in the dish was the cheese, and I was pretty moderate on it.