Recipe created by Paulette “Polly” Motzko.
Another great variation that would add extra fiber and protein to the couscous dish, is to add 1 cup of cooked cannellini beans.
This is so wonderful for a Fresh & Light lunch or dinner with a salad and it is quick too. You can put it together in a matter of minutes!
Image photographed and created by Paulette L. Motzko, PLM Studios.
October 16th 2017 2:37 p.m.
- 2 cups whole grain semolina couscous
- 2-1/2 cups spring water
- 2 teaspoons of Earth Balance vegan margarine, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash herb and garlic seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 vine-ripened tomato chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- Two pouches of Starkist tuna, low sodium in vegetable broth or water
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1/4 cup Lemon Dressing
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Lemon juice
Garlic to taste