- 3-1/2 cups *Sweet Quick Bread Mix made with Bob’s Red Mill pastry flour
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Libby’s plain pumpkin puree or other good brand like Trader Joe’s or 365 Organics
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure orange juice or 2% milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- I/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup Sun-Maid raisins
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla or 1/4 teaspoon pure orange extract
Mix all with your kitchen mixer, hand blender or wire whisk.
Drizzle on the warm baked cakes and gently brush the glaze around using a silicone basting brush.
Once the glaze has set, wrap in squares of aluminum foil to keep moist.
Recipe and photos by Paulette L. Motzko. PLM Studios.
Mix all ingredients together along with 1 tablespoon fresh orange peel, if desired.
Grease the pans of your choice. This will make one standard size loaf 9 by 5 loaf or two 7 by 3 loaves.
I used a beautiful Nordic Ware pan called pretty presents that I got on Amazon Prime to do the cakes with. I figured I would get joy out of it and give joy to all the people it would get really wonderful Breads and cakes for me by buying it for years to come. All Nordic Ware products give a lifetime guarantee.
They will be great for the holiday season.
The flavor of the cakes turned out awesome, even if I do say so myself
I thought about making this for a long time and was picturing the flavors all working together- —raisins, dates, orange peel, pumpkin. They all went nicely together with the various spices.
The flavors were dancing together on the tip of my tongue like they went to a party! I hope you love them too!
Bake 55 to 60 minutes, in a preheated 350 degree oven and test with a toothpick in the center. When it comes out clean then it’s done.
Sweet Quick Bread Mix
Mix 6 cups of Bob’s Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour and 6 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
2 tablespoons aluminum-free baking powder
2 tablespoons baking soda
One tablespoon salt
3 cups granulated sugar
3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
Mix all of these together well in a very large bowl and then move into a 20 cup storage container.
You can also make
Banana Nut Bread
Carrot Orange Loaf
Date Nut Bread
Spicy Applesauce Bread
Poppy Seed Lemon Bread.
All with this one easy mix.
Other variations will be added in the weeks to come.