2 cups of a combination of crimini mushrooms and baby carrots that have been steamed or cooked in the microwave until tender. (You can also use any kind of vegetable you want and cook them until they’re not quite done.
They’re going to cook in the Multi cooker on “Crock-Pot” setting for 4 hours.) If you don’t have a multi cooker than simply just cook it in your Crock–Pot on normal setting for 4 hours.
- 2 lb Shelton or good quality thawed ground turkey
- 1 cup Cascadian Farms organic corn- that’s been partially thawed
- 2 cups cooked Uncle Ben’s parboiled rice. I made it with 1-1/2 cups water
- One small onion that’s been diced very finely
- 1 oz of McCormick Organic Taco Seasoning, using half in the filling and half and the tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed-yes seed, not ground cumin
- One small 4 oz can of Ortega chopped green chilies
- One cup Mutti tomato puree- using 7 to 8 tablespoons in the meatloaf and the rest of the sauce
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, adding 1/2 to the filling and then half to the sauce to spoon over the tops
- One tablespoon each of Mutti tomato paste and Pompeian grapeseed oil from France that is super high in Vitamin E
My new way of story boarding my recipes…. I simply take some good size Post-it notes and put them all
I added one and a half cups of water into the multi cooker and then put a steaming Tribbett that goes inside it and put my three peppers in a very small 9 in Wilton cake pan, which just fit it perfectly.
I’ve been put on the Instant pot crock pot glass lid on to my 6-quart multi cooker enabling need to cook with a crock pot function and see inside the pan which was really awesome! by cooking in the instant pot using the trivet steam rack, and also made cleaning up the instant pot really easy and I could make something else out of it without having to scrub the huge pot of very much because all that was in it was scalding hot water.
so enjoy this recipe and feel free to make substitutions where you see fit. Also you can substitute in other vegetables and other kinds of cooked rice varying there many kinds of ways you can create new dishes using this as your Springboard.
Have a delicious day!
Friday December 8th 2017