- 1/4 cup steel cut oats I used Quaker brand
- 1-1/2 cups of spring water or purified water, or you can use 2% milk, almond milk, soy milk or any other kind of milk you want or even some evaporated milk like I did in this
- Ground cinnamon
- Chopped walnuts
- Agave syrup -I used organic agave syrup by a company called wholesome.
- One half of a large organic red delicious apple I was allowed to ripen on the tree
Recipe and all photos by Paulette L. Motzko, PLM STUDIOS.
Copyright December 2017.
- POrion out the amount of steel cut oats and the amount of liquid that you want to serve and then put it in a mason jar or a casserole dish, if you’re serving many people.
- Cover all night and by the morning the oats will be softened quite a bit and will only take a couple minutes in the microwave to cook.
- I cooked mine about 6 minutes, stirring in between the minutes to make sure it all doesn’t stick to the bottom or anything.
- Oats are awesome in fiber and are really healthy for you and so are the apples and walnuts. They’re considered one of the superfoods by many authorities.
- I didn’t add salt to mine but you can certainly do that