- 3 and 3/4 cups Sweet Quick Bread mix. The recipe is on the site already.
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil or canola oil
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup each of 2% milk ( or skim milk or soy milk or rice milk) and fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons or more fresh lemon zest
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Mix all ingredients together to form a nice batter in a KitchenAid mixer or by hand.
- Top with the lemon glaze which consists of 1 cup confectioners sugar in 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice. Or you can simply top with colored sugars and cake decorator sugars that you find in your cake decorating section in the store.
Note, if you use whole wheat flour in the Sweet Quick Bread Mix then anything you make with it is going to have a darker color naturally. If you make the mix with unbleached all-purpose flour then your baked goods are going to come out looking lighter. I know this is like stating the obvious but I’m saying it anyway. This recipe if it was made with unbleached all-purpose flour would have looked and tasted totally different
Feel free to make the mix with whatever kind of flour you like.
I’m just trying to eat more whole grains in my diet, so I made it with that because it has so much fiber. Even made with 100% whole wheat pastry flour, it still is a very light bread and moist.
This comes from the book Make A Mix by Karine Eliason, Nevada Harward and Madeline Westover.
I have so many paper clips and Post-it notes inside this book marking great recipes (it’s been used so many times I can’t even keep track.)
It is a phenomenal book, especially if you have a family and want to quit buying packaged things with tons of preservatives and salt and want to make your own and feed your family healthier.
If you are a family of one like I am, you’ll love it too!
The ISBN number for the Make A Mix book I love so much is
ISBN +1-555-610-7304 for the paperback.
For the hardcover of this book it is ISBN 1 55561 – 107 – 9.
Recipe adapted from the Make A Mix by Eliason, Harward and Westover by Paulette Motzko.
Photography and digital photo editing by Paulette Motzko.
December 13th 2017.