This recipe comes to you from the book Gifts From Your Kitchen by Susan Frick Karlman shared by Paulette Motzko.
- 2 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of oat flour, which you can get by simply whirling around rolled oats in your blender or Magic Bullet or Ninja
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Simply mix all the ingredients well and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer or in your pantry, if you happen to have a cool one
If you can’t find oat flour at the store try making your own by pulverizing uncooked rolled oats in a food processor.
For 12-15 pancakes mix 1-1/2 cups of the mix with 1 cup water, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
Mix well and cook on a lightly greased griddle over medium heat until golden brown.
December 18th 2017. 1:58 p.m.