I have been friends with Ben for about a decade now and he posted on Facebook that he was making ravioli with a form, identical to one I bought to make it with. Just haven’t made it yet.
Here’s Ben’s pasta dough recipe with some of his images, used with his permission.
I just use a basic pasta dough recipe:
- 2-1/4 cups of flour (either all-purpose or a 50/50 mix of all-purpose and semolina
- 3 eggs and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the flour into the eggs gradually until the texture is right; you may end up not using all of the flour.
- I looked at 100’s of models from all over and liked this one below.
- Below that is a homemade noodle cutter for hand rolled pasta dough.
- A ravioli cutter from Italy
- A crimper and pastry/pasta cutter
- This awesome book on creating Artisan pasta.
To be continued…
Written by and photos by Paulette Motzko.
March 22nd 2018.
More coming soon on this.
Do you-my faithful cooking followers here- have any pointers for making ravioli?
Add your pointers in the comment box. Any pointers will be integrated into the final recipe.