- 12 lb of cooked chickpeas that have been drained. I used 365 Organic Brand did I rinsed in a colander to reduce the sodium level.
- 6 tablespoons 365 Organic Tahini
- 8-12 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- Lemon juice, salt and good quality paprika to taste.
- Blend the chickpeas with a food processor, hand blender in steps create if you try to blend them all at once it just will not work! Take about half the amount of chickpeas and puree and once you have half of them., move them to a separate bowl.
- Continue pureeing the cooked chickpeas until all are pureed and then add in the other ingredients with a silicone spatula to minimize sticking.
- Store in a airtight container and dated and use within about 4 days on pita bread, use as a replacement for mayonnaise, and a whole variety of dishes Greek and Middle Eastern and Mediterranean.
April 22nd 2018. 2:47 p.m.
Updated 10:08 p.m.