- 2 cups Blue Diamond almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon each sea salt baking soda and cinnamon
- Two large eggs slightly beaten or two vegan eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup dark pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, if desired
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- One half cup dried cranberries or cherries or raisins
- One third cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Mix all ingredients in a heavy duty mixer or stir with a very sturdy wooden spoon or spatula.
Grease a tart pan or large round pan with butter or I used Baker’s Joy, which I swear by. It works 100 % of the time nothing sticks when you bake.
It’s just if you have to have a gluten-free diet you can’t use Baker’s Joy because it has wheat flour in it.
Press firmly in the pan like you’re making shortbread, and then baked in a preheated oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. I lined my tart pan with parchment paper and made it really easy to get the thing out. You can do either. Bake for 20 minutes and see how they’re doing and then bake for an additional five minutes more.
Divided into 8 wedges and serve in the morning with coffee or almond milk juice. You’re not that hungry in the morning it makes a nice breakfast that is very high in amino acids and fiber.
I made mine healthier and better than the original I found and streamlined the ease of making them.