The meatloaf after baking. ..
The meatloaf before baking at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
The simple ingredients & directions:
- 1 pound of Jennie-O Italian style ground turkey
- 1 and a half cups of sliced raw mushrooms
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup Mutti tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons Ranna basil pesto
- 1/4 cup Progresso plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Progresso Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic or less if you don’t like garlic like I do
Simply mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. I use my KitchenAid mixer with a paddle attachment. Put into a greased loaf pan and once mixed, pat down with a good spatula, preferably silicone because it doesn’t stick, and then put some more Mutti tomato puree on the top of the meatloaf mixed with about 2 tablespoons of pesto and blend it around with a spoon on top. No need to dirty another bowl to do it as you can do it with the spoon.
Bake in your convection oven or regular oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. Put on a tribute and let it cool slightly and then cut with a either a knife or I used just a spatula it was really wide, and then I was able to cut it and scoop it with the same utensil.
Dishes are not something I really like to be married to and so anytime I can streamline something to make it easier to clean it will.
If you want to take this meatloaf more Rich, you can add shredded parmesan to your liking or shredded mozzarella as well.