- 3 + 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds or chia seeds or a combination of both
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil or extra virgin olive oil or canola oil, whichever you like.
- When I have cup unsweetened natural peanut butter, or any other kind of nut butter you might like
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon if desired
- one half cup raisins or your choice of dried fruit
- 1 cup unsweetened organic coconut added after baking for the full hour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees while mixing up the ingredients for the granola.
- Line the 13 by 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside to bake the granola in.
- The KitchenAid mixer or other sturdy mixer or with a very sturdy spoon, mix all ingredients together.
- I greased the bowl using non stick stick spray that you put it in and also grease the measuring cups with a peanut butter in it and with the honey in it, because it will make them much easier to come out so they won’t stick in the measuring cup.
- Bake for 1 hour total, stirring every 15 minutes with a long-handled spoon.
- Cool and then put into a large for a cup container and enjoy with yogurt and fruit in the morning for healthy breakfast I am protein, fiber, amino acids and healthy omega 3 fatty acids.
Recipe & Photography by
Copyright June 2018
Below is what the peanut butter granola recipe began as and I adapted it to the recipe above.