- 1 large Japanese eggplant.
- Mutti Italian tomato puree.
- McCormick garlic salt with parsley.
- Mrs. Dash Italian salt-free seasoning.
- Finely shredded mozzarella.
- Shredded parmesan.
- Nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the eggplant as thin as you can get it with a very sharp knife.
- Put it in a medium-sized non-stick casserole dish or in an earthenware casserole dish.
- Spray with nonstick spray and line the casserole dish with a sliced eggplant.
- Sprinkle with McCormick’s garlic salt with parsley.
- Sprinkle some of the tomato puree on top of the seasoned eggplant.
- Top that with mozzarella
- Top that with some of the parmesan.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top of that
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 30 minutes until the eggplant is tender and all the ingredients are nice and hot of the cheeses are melted and serve alone for a nice vegetarian dish or alongside pasta or whatever you like.
This is dish was so easy and it’s versatile so you can serve with pasta, have it on its own, or if you like polenta, you can serve it with that too.
You can serve it as a side dish along with the macaroni with mushrooms and Herbes de Provence vinaigrette that I made on the site already.
Recipe and photos by Paulette Motzko.
Copyright August 2018.