- 8 slices center cut, or the leanest meatiest bacon you can find.
- 1 standard can of kernel 🌽 , drained
- 1 small can of fire roasted green chiles
- Half of a standard can of Rotel-tomatoes, peppers, onions, chile mix
- A few slices of Velveeta or cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup of Heart Smart Bisquick
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet until crispy and then put on a paper plate through the paper plate will absorb any of the fat from the cooked bacon and you can simply throw it away.
- Grease a deep dish pie or quiche pan with oil or butter
- Lay down the cooked bacon in the greased pan and top the bacon with the cheese slices.
- Mix the egg substitute, almond milk, and Bisquick together, and mix until the batter is no longer lumpy.
- Pour the corn , tomato mixture and green chilies into the batter and then top over the cheese covered bacon in the pan.😀
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 30 minutes worked out perfectly in my Cuisinart Convection oven.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have fun making substitutions on the types of vegetables used in the recipe where you can make a vegetarian version by simply leaving out the bacon.
This super awesome heated in your microwave so the cheese melts and topped with a fully ripened Hass avocado.
Created by Paulette Polly Motzko.
Adapted from the recipe Impossibly Easy Calico Corn and Bacon pie.