“Better for Your Body” Peanut Butter Cookies
A cross between a delicate shortbread cookie and a peanut butter cookie.
Best left to cool in the pan a half hour before slicing to serve and even better the next day because they are not as fragile…
2 ounces sugar
4 ounces Earth Balance Vegan Spread
6 ounces all purpose flour or Unbleached all purpose flour.
3 ounces natural peanut butter
Weigh all ingredients out on your kitchen scale, zeroing out each ingredient each time. blend thoroughly where the kitchen spatula or silicone or wooden spoon and pat into a small greased pan the size, greased with some of the Earth Balance Spread and a paper towel.
Try to make sure it’s the same thickness all the way around so parts of it don’t cook faster than others or burn because it’s too thin.
Sprinkle with sanding sugar or a little granulated sugar or raw sugar to top before baking.
I score mine with a baker’s scraper or you can use a sharp 🔪.
bake about 12 minutes, until done and cool.
Feb 7th, 2019
10:55 p. m.
- 8 slices center cut, or the leanest meatiest bacon you can find.
- 1 standard can of kernel 🌽 , drained
- 1 small can of fire roasted green chiles
- Half of a standard can of Rotel-tomatoes, peppers, onions, chile mix
- A few slices of Velveeta or cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup of Heart Smart Bisquick
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet until crispy and then put on a paper plate through the paper plate will absorb any of the fat from the cooked bacon and you can simply throw it away.
- Grease a deep dish pie or quiche pan with oil or butter
- Lay down the cooked bacon in the greased pan and top the bacon with the cheese slices.
- Mix the egg substitute, almond milk, and Bisquick together, and mix until the batter is no longer lumpy.
- Pour the corn , tomato mixture and green chilies into the batter and then top over the cheese covered bacon in the pan.😀
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 30 minutes worked out perfectly in my Cuisinart Convection oven.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have fun making substitutions on the types of vegetables used in the recipe where you can make a vegetarian version by simply leaving out the bacon.
This super awesome heated in your microwave so the cheese melts and topped with a fully ripened Hass avocado.
Created by Paulette Polly Motzko.
Adapted from the recipe Impossibly Easy Calico Corn and Bacon pie.
Cold Frothy Chocolate Almond Smoothie by
Paulette “Polly” Motzko
January 26th, 2019.
Images coming soon.
- Cold Frothy 🍫 Almond and Coconut Milk Smoothie
From Miss Polly’s Culinary Playground
January 26th, 2019
- 1/4 cup Califia Farms Dairy Free Almond Milk creamer with Coconut
- About 3/4 cup Great Value unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Hershey’s dark cocoa
- a few drops of Torani sugar-free vanilla syrup
Blend in a Magic Bullet or Ninja processor or if you ever live anywhere near a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, I got a really cool frother from them, but I bought it on Walmart.com.
Put all the ingredients in a large wide glass, if using an immersion blender or pour into your processor of choice.
The great thing about the kind of almond milk that I got is it’s in a carton and you don’t have to refrigerate it until you open it.
This wonderful rich tasting drink is good cold over ice, or hot in a mug with someone you really like or just by yourself for a nice treat like I did.
Compiled by Paulette Motzko from Pinterest, author unknown.
When I was taking my night pills for epilepsy, my Ex Stress 🌿 pill, probiotic, and Turmeric Root tablet and Amino Essentials amino acids tablet by Whole Foods Market and drank it all with gusto because they work synergistically to help me live to my best true potential.
I drank them all down saying “cheers to life and living!” Very few would share something like this but all of those things I mentioned took 57 years to find to derive the health benefits of all.
With some V8 Healthy Greens Juice in my hand and saying to all the positive powerful forces in the Universe and God to make me the healthiest I can be-so I can create extraordinary things to benefit others.
-I took a double take at the bottle and thought about contracting corporate V8, so I did.
I seldom think about doing anything any more but instead simply do it.
The Healthy Greens juice has spinach and antioxidants and vitamin K and anti-cancer fighting healthy nutrients, vitamin A-rich yellow carrots, green apples, pineapple full of bromelain, 💧 filled cucumbers to help hydrate, celery, antioxidant rich kale, romaine lettuce, more emerald green delicious spinach, and green peppers.
It’s been my elixer of life for 2 years now and I take the 12 oz bottles with me on 🔥 days to stay healthy and hydrated.
The v8 🍒 🍎 juice is sweet like a 🍒 cordial and is outstanding for anyone who has joint discomfort of any kind.
I will make these muffins and I am subbing in the 🍒 🍎 juice for the Purple Power one, though I tried it.
Here’s to your health, more wealth to more than meet your needs and joy and love.
Paulette “Polly” L. Motzko