Here is a wonderful article by Nadine and Adam who speak out about raising our awareness about eating well, educating children and producing healthier kids, which I am all for. I applaud their efforts!
Ring in a healthy new year by teaching kids the importance of food, nutrition and eating skills: food to fuel busy, successful lives; nutrition to nourish strong bodies and smart brains; and eating skills to enjoy the social aspect of meals with family and friends. As with any part of raising children, no one does a perfect job with nutrition—not even nutrition professionals. As a parent, grandparent or adult caregiver, you can help to raise healthy eaters during these critical years by doing your best to:
- Serve regular, balanced meals and snacks with a variety of nutrient-rich foods
- Provide calm, pleasant meal times where adults and children can talk together
- Allow children to use their internal signals to decide how much and what to eat
- Explore a variety of flavors and foods from different cultures and cuisines
- Share an appreciation for…
View original post 370 more words