Plum Avocado Summer Salad
• 2 medium ripe Avocados
• 5 medium sized ripe black plums
• 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 small clove of garlic
• several pinches sea salt
• 1 medium lemon
• a few glugs of olive oil
• 1 dried red chili pepper
• 1 Peel the black plums and cut into cubes (worth the task of peeling!).
• 2 Peel the avocado and cut into cubes.
• 3 Gently place the black plum and avocado chunks into a dish — be careful not to mix too much, otherwise the avocado mushes all over. Squeeze with lemon and sprinkle in a couple pinches of sea salt. Do not mix.
• 4 In a mortar and pestle, smash up the garlic clove with a little salt. Add the red chili pepper and continue crushing (should still be in big messy chunks). Add the cilantro and continue to mash until the ingredients are combined. Drizzle in the olive oil (1/4 to 1/2 cup) to make the dressing, mashing well.
• 5 Drizzle the dressing with a spoon over the plums and avocado. Salt to taste.
• 6 Let the salad sit for 5 to 10 minutes to soak in a bit and then enjoy.
Have a nice conversation with my good friend Chef them and Pakistan and I asked him if he would send me some of the things he’s been cooking and his Pakistan kitchen so he said this wonderful salad. I finally learned how to copy paste things from Facebook on the messenger tears so that’s going to make this a lot easier to share Chef Asim’s recipes!
Have a delicious day wherever you are!
Recipe created by Chef Asim in Pakistan
Paulette Le Pore Motzko
July 27th, 2015
Chocolate rum balls
• 1 packet Marie biscuits
• 1 cup coconut
• 1 200g can condensed milk
• 2 tbsp cocoa
• 120g Copha, melted
• 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
• 2 tsp rum
• extra coconut for coating
Use a food processor to crumble half the biscuits, pour into a large mixing bowl and repeat with remaining biscuits.
Add coconut, condensed milk, cocoa, Copha, vanilla and rum to the biscuits and mix well.
Roll one heaped teaspoonful of mixture into a ball and roll in extra coconut. Store in the fridge.
Recipe by Chef Asim, sent to me on November 2, 2015