Super Bowl Sunday Food – The Boldly Fit Way – http://wp.me/p7OCGl-99
This is a stellar example of when vegetarian shines like the most brilliant star in the night sky. the key that makes this extraordinary is great ingredients period when you’re using only the most fresh and highest quality ingredients, the dish will shine with very little work from you.
All you will need are the best, freshest ciabatta rolls you can find. Walmart buy me actually make some phenomenal ones that are better than some I’ve had it Italian delis.
The biggest, most juicy, ripe tomatoes you can find
Pesto sauce, homemade or bought
Fresh basil leaves
To assemble all you do is just spread some of the pesto sauce on the ciabatta bread. Slice the tomatoes thinly and top with tomato slice, fresh mozzarella slice and fresh basil and a little bit drizzle of Pesto, garnishing with fresh basil leaves.
Heart-Shaped Recipes for Valentine’s Day – http://wp.me/p1WhoV-9a1
Image from Zedge.com.
Compiled by Paulette Motzko.
February 3rd 2017.
1 cup cottage cheese- (regular or low-fat)
One tablespoon Dijon mustard
2/3 cup sour cream (regular or low-fat)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1-1/2 cups small elbow macaroni (about 1/2 pound)
Two cups low-fat or nonfat grated sharp cheddar cheese – (about and 1/2 pound). I used nonfat Cheddar, and found it at my local Walmart Superstore.
10 ounces frozen peas
3 tablespoons minced chives or scallions – optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or hand-held blender, blend the cottage cheese, sour cream, pepper and mustard until smooth.
- Add the macaroni to the boiling water and cook until Al Dente, 9 to 11 minutes or according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a one and a half quart baking dish.
- Drain the macaroni well and add it to the cottage cheese mixture. And one and a half cups of the cheddar, the peas, and chives if using, and stir to blend well.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and top it with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
* To make ahead, I took a large 15 cup airtight container and mixed the sauce in the container, and then put the lid on it. That way I can cook the macaroni, at my convenience, right before serving so it’s nice and hot.
Recipe adapted by Paulette Motzko from “Macaroni and Cheddar Bake” from Creative Everyday Cooking from Time Life Books.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad and Game Day Recipes – http://wp.me/pLEXF-iRb
Banana And Date Muffins – http://wp.me/pUkcO-2ZX