Ingredients plus granulated sugar for the Asian Sesame Dressing & Stir Fry Sauce
Recipe for Polly’s Asian Sesame Dressing, Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce like Kikkoman
1 cup seasoned rice vinegar
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Put all ingredients in either a mason jar or decorative jar with tight fitting lid and shake all together. Make sure all sugar dissolves.
Shake before using.
This has so many uses.
Marinate chicken with this.
Drizzle on spinach salad or mixed fancy greens with Mandarin orange slices and toasted pecans for a beautifully delicious salad.
This dish evolved out of making use of every leftover in the fridge I thought would work together in a stir fry.
1. Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a wok and then after heated add leftover jasmine rice or long grain rice, about 1 and a half cups to the wok and stir fry.
2. The night before I chopped one sweet peach colored pepper and one sweet red pepper into 1 inch pieces and put in a ziplock bag for ease of prep the next day. Dump peppers in wok and stir all.
3. Stir fry until peppers are no longer raw and rice gets a toasty color.
4. Add grape tomatoes and stir fry 1 minute more.
5. Lastly whip up one egg and drizzle in the rice mixture. Move all stir fry to the sides of the wok so egg can cook in the hottest part of the wok the bottom center.
6. Once egg is scrambled distribute through stir fry and enjoy. You can add up to 3 eggs for more protein in the dish if you like, and just cook longer.
Copyright all recipes August 2014
Paulette L Motzko
Asian Sesame dressing…stir or shake before using!
This was made ultra easy by chopping the sweet peppers last night and putting them in a Ziplock bag.
The Asian Sesame Dressing was whipped up last night and the rice vinegar gives the stir fried jasmine rice a really nice “something sweet” flavor.
Recipes and photos copyright Paulette L Motzko
August 18th, 2014