As I was eating Round Table’s Garden Pesto Personal Pan Pizza made with their pan crust, I realized it, for me was an almost “religious experience”. The zucchini, fresh artichoke hearts, onions and tomatoes, grilled before being added to the pesto sauce and garlic alfredo topped crust.
In the flavor world, for me this would have to be in My Top Ten Favorite Flavors in the World! (Which is doing something!)
The entire ten items I will have to do some thinking on, and ranking them.
For now I will add the Garden Pesto as a number 2 in the Top Ten List of Favorite Flavors.
It is AWESOME and you won’t even miss the meat! I swear it!
What is my Number One Favorite Flavor in the World?
1. Miss Polly’s Homemade Lasagna made from my dad’s recipe (Ernest Carl Le Pore), which was based on his father’s recipe (Alberto Le Pore) who was a chef.
Three Different Lasagnas by Polly Motzko 3.1.2011
2. Garden Pesto Pizza with Pan Crust from Round Table
3. Paella Valenciana from Tapas made by Chef Julian Serrano at The Aria Resort in Las Vegas, NV
I was too busy eating the wonderful combination of Bomba Rice, cooked in a chicken broth and tomato sauce adorned with cooked rabbit, cooked chicken pieces and chorizo from Madrid, cooked by Chef Julian Serrano. All in all, eating there was like being on the set of a movie. The modern, almost surreal restaurant with black laquerred trees standing in the restaurant and tiled walls that were as festive as a Spanish shawl. I met Chef Julian Serrano and he wanted to hire me at the time to write a Feature Story and shoot photos. I just need to get permission to do it from The MGM Grand before I do-BUT I WILL DO IT!
I tried my hand at making it and bought a paella pan from Sur la Table when I got back to southern CA.
My dish I served my friend Myles will be here when I find it on my hard drive!
4. A Dragon Bowl from The Twin Dragon Chinese Restaurant at The Block of Orange
5. One of Miss Polly’s Asian Inspired Chicken Salad with Baby Spinach Leaves, Mandarin Orange Segments, and Sesame Dressing
6. Homemade Whole Wheat or any Artisan Style Just Baked Bread
7. Stir Fries of all types
8. Rice Bowls of all kinds
9. Really fresh coffee beans-especially from the Amalfi region in Italy, roasted coarse-grind transformed with boiling water and a French Press coffee maker into “The Elixer of Life” that wakes me up each morning.
10. Camarones El Mojo De Ajo-Shrimp with Garlic or “Mexican Shrimp Scampi”
What are your top ten flavors?
Share your list!
Saturday, January 25th, 2014
Polly Motzko writes on Sunday, January 26th, 2014 at
There are so many dishes I love ,amazing restaurants I have been to, chefs who have created superlative dishes, that this list is surely NOT COMPREHENSIVE.
I will add these to the list though and I really need a TOP 20 to be fair!
Polly’s Caprese Open-Faced Sandwich on Organic Ciabatta Bread with Pesto Genovesa, Heirloom Tomatoes, Fresh Basil and Fresh Mozzarella. So easy, simple and sooo good!
Also, Whole Wheat Penne Pasta with Pesto Topped with Baked or Grilled Chicken.
Many of the best things in life are the most simple and many of them free.
Have a Completely Delicious Day and make a few friends while you’re at it!